MatriX provides facilities that help the production team manage operations during fabrication. This includes access to information from engineering, planning and material control such as:
- Drawing list with current revisions and facility to view drawing
- Details of delivered material / components with supporting documentation (e.g. mill certificates; test certificates)
- Pipe line list and Piping Specification details
- Identification of structural steelwork type with links to quality requirements for welding
- Item weights to help determine handling / lifting requirements
- Man-hour estimates / budgets for fabrication of piping and structural items
- Surface areas along with painting / coating requirements (and quantities for ordering)
- Status of material availability
- Weld Procedures
- Welder qualifications and qualification expiry dates
- Progress records showing status of pipe spool fabrication, installation and hydrotesting
- Welding statistics showing production and failure rates
Other useful facilities provided for the production team include:
- Cutting of items within construction / fabrication drawings that refer to the relevant nesting drawing for the pieces that need to be cut
- Production Weld Records and team assignment
- Fabrication / Construction components needed (drawing items) can be requested for issue by the warehouse
- Welding operations. MatriX assists welding team leaders by displaying the current Production Weld Records (pre-assigned sets of welds) and allowing them to add the identity of fitters and fit-up date. After fit-up inspection, the weld details can be developed to show welder(s), weld date, procedure used and consumable used. Records can also include the identification of the particular serial number or heat-cast reference for the items being welded.
- Pre-fabricated assembly management. Storage locations can be recorded. Any movements / transportations can be controlled (e.g. for any sub-contracted treatments / processes or transfer from fabrication location to installation location).
- In-situ construction / installation. The items needed can be requested for issue when wanted. Progress recording facilities are also available.
- Hydro-testing progress
- Piping punch lists. The various miscellaneous tasks for closing-out line installations can be managed via the punch-list facility.
- Requisitions. The Production team can directly enter a requisition for any miscellaneous requirements that are additional to the items requisitioned by Engineering following drawing material take-off. Standard email enabled workflow operations are available for approvals.